Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) Joins an All-Star Checklist of Audio system on the Nationwide Clear Power Week (NCEW) Coverage Makers Symposium
WASHINGTON, Sept. 13, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — The fifth annual Nationwide Clear Power Week (NCEW) (September 20-24, 2021) as we speak unveiled a formidable preliminary lineup of audio system and panels for this yr’s Coverage Makers Symposium, together with keynote tackle from U.S. Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-AK) and management from the U.S. Division of State. Because the flagship occasion of NCEW, the Symposium, which runs September 21-23 throughout NCEW, consists of digital programming that convenes policymakers, business leaders and clear power advocates to collaborate on America’s future in clear power.
“We’re thrilled that Senator Murkowski, a key architect of the Power Act of 2020, has agreed to keynote they yr’s Symposium—a novel discussion board that gives the chance for members to have interaction with policymakers from each side of the aisle in addition to high power advocacy organizations and private-sector leaders who collectively are striving to advance clear power via collaboration and innovation,” mentioned Heather Reams, NCEW chair and government director of Residents for Accountable Power Options (CRES). “Symposium audio system share NCEW’s steadfast dedication to advancing clear power applied sciences and clear power jobs which might be essential to getting our financial system again on observe and prepared for an emissions-free future. Their distinctive expertise in clear power funding and innovation will make for an thrilling week of thought-provoking dialog, participating panels, and numerous networking alternatives.”
Moderated discussions throughout the Symposium will likely be centered round three core themes: innovation, challenges, and the worldwide panorama. Particular panels and audio system are as follows:
- Carbon-Free Applied sciences Wanted for A Web-Zero Future
- Armond Cohen, Govt Director, Clear Air Job Pressure (CATF)
- Jeff Lyng, Director, Power and Environmental Coverage, Xcel Power
- David Hart, Senior Fellow, Info Expertise and Innovation Basis (ITIF)
- MODERATOR: Emily Fisher, Normal Counsel, Company Secretary, and Senior Vice President, Clear Power, Edison Electrical Institute (EEI)
- Insurance policies Wanted to Make Breakthrough Innovation Attainable
- Eric Dresselhuys, CEO, ESS, Inc.
- Tom Dower, Vice President, Public Coverage, LanzaTech
- Govt TBD from X-energy
- MODERATOR: Farah Benahmed, Breakthrough Power
- CLOSING REMARKS: Gerry Anderson, Govt Chairman, DTE Power and EEI Board Chairman
- Essential Minerals, Provide Chains, and Business
- KEYNOTE: U.S. Senator Lisa Murkowski (R-AK), former Chair and present member of the Senate Power and Pure Assets Committee
- Dr. Anthony Staley, Vice President, Metals Division, Doe Run Firm
- MODERATOR: Abigail Regitsky, U.S. Coverage and Advocacy, Breakthrough Power
- Extra audio system forthcoming
- Power is Infrastructure
- John Di Stasio, President, Giant Public Energy Council
- Patrick Decostre, President and CEO, Boralex, Inc.
- Stacey Lawson, Vice Chairman of the Board of Administrators, Ygrene
- MODERATOR: Lisa Jacobson, President, Enterprise Council for Sustainable Power
- What to Anticipate at COP26: Will it Be Sufficient?
- MORNING KEYNOTE: TBD from U.S. Division of State
- George David Banks, fellow at CRES Discussion board and Bipartisan Coverage Heart and former worldwide local weather adviser to Presidents George W. Bush and Donald Trump
- Kim Carnahan, Senior Director, Web-Zero Fuels at ENGIE Influence, and Adjunct Professor, College of Worldwide and Public Affairs at Columbia College
- Alden Meyer, Senior Affiliate, E3G, and Worldwide Coverage Adviser, BlueGreen Alliance
- MODERATOR: Jim Connaughton, CEO at Nautilus Knowledge Applied sciences, former Chairman of the Council on Environmental High quality (CEQ) and lead local weather negotiator for the George W. Bush White Home
- Leveraging U.S. Coverage to Scale back World Emissions
- Catrina Rorke, Vice President of Coverage, Local weather Management Council
- Wealthy Powell, Govt Director, Clear Path
- Dustin Meyer, Vice President, Pure Fuel Markets, American Petroleum Institute (API)
- MODERATOR: Charles Hernick, Vice President of Coverage and Advocacy, CRES Discussion board
An entire Symposium schedule is offered right here.
Extra details about NCEW—together with sponsorship alternatives, in-person occasions, examples of how companies and communities can present their help, and registration for the Coverage Makers Symposium—is offered at https://nationalcleanenergyweek.org/. In case you are a scholar with a sound .edu e mail, a authorities worker with a sound .gov e mail, or an lively member of the press, you qualify without spending a dime registration. Register as we speak!
Nationwide Clear Power Week (NCEW), described by POLITICO as “a veritable who’s who of the Clear Power World,” is an annual consciousness week to acknowledge the worth of fresh power together with ample job alternatives, financial progress, power independence, client alternative, decrease power costs, and a cleaner surroundings. Comply with NCEW on Twitter (@NCEWConf) and Fb (NationalCleanEnergyWeek) for occasion updates. www.nationalcleanenergyweek.org
SOURCE Residents for Accountable Power Options